About Me

I am a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. My major is Spanish. I love sports and I especially like basketball.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jimmer wins the Naismith

Jimmer Fredette won the Naismith men's college player of the year which is basically an award for a really great basketball player. The Associated Press and the National Association of Basketball Coaches named Fredette the winner because of his outstanding performance on the court and his obvious basketball ability. I read one article about how some of the voting took place, and it really interested me. Basically, there are basketball journalists, coaches, and administrators from around the counrty that voted, but there were also fan votes cast via text message which is what I thought was cool. In my opinion, Jimmer Fredette is a very impressive athlete, but I think Kemba Walker or Nolan Smith could have been a better choice. Although Fredette led with most points per game, I think other players might have had more to offer. Overall though, Jimmer was still an outstanding choice for this year's Naismith.

No comments:

Post a Comment