About Me

I am a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. My major is Spanish. I love sports and I especially like basketball.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Butler and UConn in the Championship

Butler, making their second Championship appearance in a row, has come to redeem themselves from last years game. This year Butler played a great UConn team lead by Kemba Walker. Butler suffered a sad loss against UConn by 12 points, and Butler will have to go through the whole next year if they want another shot at the Championship. The 2011 NCAA Championship game was a fairly low scoring game, and it is because the defense coming from both teams was phenomenal. UConn's head coach, Jim Calhoun explained how "eventually our quickness and length got to them," and essentially, UConn just had the extra step to take the W. The Championship game is always interesting, but this year it seemed uneventful in the respect that neither team played great basketball even though one team played better basketball than the other. That team just happened to be UConn so they came out on top. The interesting part of this game for me is the fact that anyone with Internet access can follow play-by-play, scores and commentaries online during the game. There was a streaming of the game on the Internet so people could watch, and it is amazing how the Internet can now update you after almost every basket that is made.

4 comments:

  1. Did you predict UConn to play in the championship or did you expect other top-seeded teams to make it to the final game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not pick UConn, and I didn't pick Butler either. I actually picked Duke and Kansas but that just didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really surprised how low the score of the game was. I had hear commentators talk about how both teams had a strong defense but 41 to 53 is really low. I did watch some of the game streaming online and found the quality incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the reason for the low scoring was the shooting percentage of Butler being at 18.8 percent which is ridiculously low. Also, I'm glad that the games are online because there was a play-in game that was only shown online so I had to watch it online.

    ReplyDelete