About Me

I am a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. My major is Spanish. I love sports and I especially like basketball.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Butler defeats VCU for another shot at the Championship

Butler defeated VCU in the semifinals so they have a second chance at the NCAA Championship Final. In 2010, Butler lost to Duke in the Championship, and now they have a second shot to win the Championship in 2011 against either UConn or Kentucky. Although Butler did not have an easy road, they overcame adversity and are going to the finals this year. I think Butler and VCU both have great basketball programs and players but in the end VCU just made more mistakes and Butler executed their offense better. Butler and VCU had very similar 3-point shooting percentages and overall field goal shooting percentages, but Butler had better free throw shooting percentages and they also had less fouls. Unfortunately, VCU had to take a hard loss for Butler to be able to take another shot at the Championship so lets hope it was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the way you speak about these events. Even though I'm not huge in sports, you make it interesting to get a picture of the recent events going on. Also, what is the team that you were personally or predictably rooting for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was rooting for Duke but unfortunately they lost earlier than expected.

    ReplyDelete