About Me

I am a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. My major is Spanish. I love sports and I especially like basketball.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Duke vs. Arizona was not just an upset

The Sweet Sixteen round in the West region was a difficult loss by the Duke Blue Devils. This game on March 24th was between (1) Duke and (5) Arizona, and it was the next meeting of these two teams since the 2001 Championship game in Minneapolis where Duke beat Arizona. In this 2011 NCAA Tournament, Arizona beat Duke for a spot in the Elite Eight. I think this upset was Arizona avenging their loss from their 2001 meeting. In this year's game Arizona was hitting every shot, and they were just on a roll. When a team plays better basketball, they win, and Arizona played better basketball. Unfortunately, Arizona's win came with a blow to Duke's dream of winning two Championships in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment